When you first register for the Novel Factory, you get immediate access to the browser version.
If you would like to download the app to your desktop (which allows for use offline), then follow these instructions:
- Log into the software
- Click the user menu in the top right hand corner
- Click install Desktop version
- If the green button appears for you, then simply click that button.
- If the green button does not appear, that’s because your browser does not support direct download of the desktop app. In this case you will need to follow the instructions on screen, depending on your browser. These instructions can also be found below.
(Note that these instructions are appropriate for Windows computers, Macs, and devices running Android. For iPhones and iPads see below)
Install the Novel Factory App by clicking the ‘install’ button in the browser’s address bar, while logged into the app in Chrome.
Alternatively click on the three dot icon and look for Install Novel Factory 3.0 in the menu.
Install the Novel Factory App by clicking the ‘install’ button in the browser’s address bar.
Safari does not support progressive web apps, so you cannot use it to download the software (though you can use it to access the browser version).
Unfortunately, installing progressive web apps is not supported in Firefox and they are not planning to support this in the future.
It is still possible to install via Firefox if you have a very strong preference for this, but it is a little more tricky and we don’t recommend it.
- Add the pwa addon for Firefox from: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/pwas-for-firefox/
- Follow the ‘Setup Progressive Web Apps for Firefox’ instructions to install the components required to add PWA support to Firefox.
- Once installed, navigate to the Novel Factory site.
- Click the extension’s install icon in the address bar to install as an desktop app
Other browsers may have support for Progressive Web Applications and offer install options, such as Brave and Vivaldi, however, we’re unable to provide guidance or support on these.
iPhone and Ipads
When using iOS the only browser that allows installing applications is Safari.
To install the app using Safari, click the ‘share’ button.
Click on add to the ‘Add to Home Screen’ button.
Click on the ‘Add’ button.
Note: Initial load times on mobile devices can be slow.